Homeownership Fundamentals is a 2-day intensive training designed to help first-time homebuyers become credit worthy and financially prepare for homeownership. Buying a home is the single largest investment that you will make in your lifetime and this course will equip you with the information, skills and resources necessary to prepare for the responsibilities of homeownership, empower you to make smart decisions throughout the home buying process, and connect you to the most affordable mortgage products, including any down payment and/or closing cost assistance programs for which you may qualify.
Who is the class designed for?
This course is designed for individuals who are ready to own their own home. Knowing the facts before you go out into the market could save you a ton of money in both your short-term and long-term financial future.
What does class consist of?
The Homeownership Fundamentals class includes the following:
- We will be learning about the key steps in preparing for home ownership.
- You will learn how owning a home affects your taxes, how to choose a loan that’s right for you, a realtor and a lending institution, what home inspectors and home appraisers do, what insurance options you will have, the steps to take to clean up credit, set a goal and become a better saver, and all about the programs available to help you buy your first home!
- Lenders and realtors will be on hand to help, and to answer any questions you might have with NO sales pitches and NO pressure.
The Homeownership Fundamentals class includes 16 hours of classroom instruction with instructional manual, additional one-on-one counseling and credit report analysis.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the Homeownership Fundamentals class are:
- Learn everything you need to know as you buy your first home!
- Access to down payment and closing cost assistance
- Help of a certified housing counselor
- Access to realtors and lenders
What is the investment for the class?
The class has a fee of $75.00.
The Homeownership Fundamentals class is offered once a month at the Financial Training Center located at 1551 Remount Road, North Charleston, SC 29406. You can register here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to register over the phone 843-225-4343.
Fill out the form below to register